- I take my children's candy on the premise that they don't need it because it can cause diabetes. The truth is that I hide it in my closet and eat it when everyone is asleep.
- I justify hiding in my closet eating candy because I know that 30 minutes of cleaning burns 120 calories, but really I just need a candy break.
- My kids know to run and hide when the doorbell rings so that we don't have to answer the door. That's normal, right?
- I do not feel compelled to catch vomit with my bare hands. I let it hit the floor.
- I have jumped up 15 minutes before my husband gets home to pick up the toys and make the bed to make it look like I have cleaned the house.
- I get mad at my 9-year-old for acting just like me.
- I sometimes forget to brush my 2-year-old's teeth.
- All of my kids have a TV in their room even though prior to having kids I said that would never happen. It took 7 years for me to give in.
- My two year old falls asleep watching TV because that's easier than to break her of the habit.
- I don't ground my kids because it makes my life harder.
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Top 10 Mommy Confessions
I do a lot of things that I do not like other people knowing about. Mostly because I know that judging on some level will occur, but there is also a little bit of "if I don't say it out loud, it won't be as bad." However, as a start to a new year, I am going to confess my top 10. So, without further ado, here are my Top 10 Mommy Confessions (don't judge, just accept):